CHAIRMAN’S REPORT FOR 2022/2023
I have pleasure to present a report of the Old Boys’ Association for the year 2022/2023. The following activities were organized with very peculiar experience and warm response during the resumption to normal livelihood against Covid:
Among Old Boys
1. Walkathon raising funds of about HK$0.6 million was organized in December 2022. Students from primary and secondary sections, old boys and parents were on hiking routes of their choice in Tung Chung.
2. The Information communication technology chapter organized a couple of gatherings including a visit to Alma Mater to learn about their STEAM development with fellow ICT professionals.
3. One film show in February 2023 in which two old boy actors, who shared with the audience about their inspirations on the film production after the show.
4. A spring dinner was organized in February to celebrate Chinese New Year.
5. Monthly happy hour session resumed in May, finally!
6. The Heritage Committee representatives have been actively engaged in research of the missing parts of YW history and shared with members and current students through talks and sharing sessions. Moreover, interviews were conducted with teachers and old boys for contributions to Reminiscences of YW, composing interesting stories of school life across half of a century.
With Mother School
7. This year marks the 205th anniversary of our alma mater. Your Association and the schools have prepared for rolling out a series of celebration activities for your enjoyment.
Lastly, I have to thank the Presidents, my fellow Executive Committee members and in particular my Vice- Chair, the school authorities and old boys for their advice, contributions and accommodation for the past four years of my chairmanship.
7 December 2023